Sunday, January 8, 2012

it's official!








































After seven wonderful years in Spokane, Washington, this family is off to experience another part of our fine country!  As a family, we love road trips and have already had amazing opportunities to see much of the United States.  However, our travels have never taken us to the Northeast, which is where my husband has been relocated through his employer.  Hello, Pittsburgh!  We have no idea what to expect, except for what we have researched on the interwebs and what we have been told by friends and family {which is not much}.

This is our adventure, and I invite you to follow along!  I plan to document and share the processes, as we make our way into unknown territory.  We will definitely be learning as we go!  The first thing you should know is how important it is for my husband and I to make this as smooth as possible for our children.  Saying goodbye to friends and familiar places and faces is tough stuff.  We aren't going to sugarcoat that.  Leaving is hard and tears are completely acceptable anytime, anywhere.  We have decided that Husband will stake out our new town first, while the kids and I finish out the school year in Spokane.  While he gets acquainted with his new job in a new area, the kids and I will continue our normal daily lives, while also dealing with home repairs, realtors, and movers.  Sounds like a deal, right?

So that's enough for a first introduction post.  I will totally fill you in on more details later {pinky swear}.

Wish us luck!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That's exciting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is exciting. I'm just going to take it day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge change that must have been! Exciting and scary at the same time. But what an adventure for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad was born in Pittsburgh, but I've never been there. Moving always is a hard process--I've done it more times than I've liked to. I hope you guys are well settled in by now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Afternoon Misty, I understand it is a difficult time when you have to move as I have moved house and country many times during my married life. I thought this was a lovely way to start your blog, and looking at the date you have been settled in Pittsburgh for almost a year now. Judging by the beautiful photos of your home, you look well and truly settled. I love this idea of revisiting our first posts because it reminds us how far we have come. Have a lovely day and I'll see you tomorrow for the second post. Best wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when this happened! Moving that far is so hard! We moved from North Carolina to Indiana (not nearly as far) and it was one of the most stressful experiences ever! Glad you're all settled in.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...