Sunday, January 22, 2012

packing for three weeks.









Husband is learning the art of living out of a suitcase.  He has done his studying on the subject of packing minimally {in other words, how to cram as much as possible into one suitcase as to last three whole weeks}.  Monday, he will be putting his research to the test, as he begins his work in the Northeast.  The children and I will be learning how to manage without him here at home, while he learns the ropes in his new position, in a strange foreign land.  

This weekend, my emotions are all over the place.  I am trying to remain calm and collected, focusing on one moment at a time, but every once in a while I freak out.  First of all, I am going to miss Husband.  This in itself is wreaking havoc on my brain.  Subconsciously, I push him away so I'll be prepared when he leaves {that's dumb}.  I really need to enjoy the time we do have together, instead of preparing for when he's away.  Second, I worry how I will be able to do it all.  You know, go to school - go to work - make dinner - monitor homework - get kids to activities - shovel snow - get groceries - keep showered - clean the house - sell the house - monitor contractors - work with realtor....eek!  See, why I try to focus on one moment at a time?  

Anyway, the worries and stresses are short-term.  Soon, the adventure will begin!  For now, it's about getting Husband off on the right foot, knowing that all will be well here at home.  I can do this.  We can do this.  I am blessed to be in this situation and I need to remember that.  :)

Any packing tips out there?  

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl I was in your shoes many, many times! It is hard being separated due to a job.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...