Monday, February 27, 2012

cozy.































Today our home improvement happenings began at the early morning hour of 8am!  In preparation, I moved the fridge and dishwasher into the dining room, as the kitchen flooring was the first item the contractor wanted to tackle.  I am quite proud of myself for getting the two large appliances shoved into the corner of the eating area.  It took quite a bit of thinking-like-a-man and I even used a power tool in the process.  :)  And then I went back to thinking-like-a-woman and rearranging the furniture into a cozy, pleasant studio apartment-esque arrangement.  I've always had an affinity for small spaces {although I tend to enjoy large, spacious environments now} and I can definitely handle the crowdedness temporarily.

As for emotions at the house, we are all missing Husband.  There were tears shed last night, a little heartache for one of the kids.  It is always a little harder at night, when there is one less parent to do the tucking-in for bed.  So, I sat on the edge of my son's bed and we imagined what it would be like to have Dad home with us.  We imagined the sounds we would hear and this made us laugh a little.  We imagined that at any space of quiet, Dad could be found standing and looking at his phone.  We also imagined him standing in the kitchen, snacking on almonds or sitting in the recliner, watching movie trailers on his laptop.  We imagined him taking up office in the dining room, papers neatly piled around him.

Alone in my mind, I imagined the time I have wasted being stressed when he was home instead of just relaxing and enjoying being with him.  That is my goal for next time.  To just enjoy him.  Because in the end, that's all that really matters, right?

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create
    this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for
    you? Plz reply as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. appreciate it
    Also visit my page ; simply click the following website page

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up all, here every person is sharing these kinds of know-how, thus it's nice
    to read this webpage, and I used to pay a quick visit this webpage every day.


    Feel free to visit my weblog :: elk hunting games online

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...