Sunday, March 4, 2012

updated kitchen.


Before:


After:


Before:


After:


Before:


After:

So, not too many changes in the kitchen.  Just some replaced flooring and paint.  The paint was actually an afterthought, because I hadn't planned on lifting a paintbrush to sell this house.  But once the floor boards were replaced and then the vinyl was put down, we realized we were standing about an inch lower than we were with all the previous layers of old flooring.  And that meant along the lower walls, there was about an inch of old paint exposed {in a lovely shade of orange, I might add}.  So, since I had to paint anyway, I decided to change up the color.  I took the green from the bordering dining room and went a few shades lighter in that color scheme.  The color doesn't blow my mind or wow me, but it does lighten up the room, making it look larger and it does freshen things up a bit.  I'll leave it to the next homeowner to make it spectacular.

As for the flooring, this was the perfect way to make an inexpensive update.  No more adhesive tiles!  This flooring will be easy to mop {swiffer} and definitely makes the room appear larger with the lighter color.  Now to decide about that darn portable dishwasher....

PS.  If you peek underneath the aprons hanging in the left corner, you'll see the old paint color and our family's growth chart.  I didn't have the heart to paint over that little piece of history yet.  We've been growing there for 7 years and it's not easy to wipe that slate clean.  I'm going to get pictures of it before I become the bad guy who went and painted over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...