Tuesday, April 10, 2012

cardboard arcade.



This video is a 10-minute piece of inspiration.  Have tissues ready, if you love children and believe they can do anything.  This boy reminds me of my own son, who has spent much of his growing up, building things out of anything he can find.  He even started his own business of making and selling finger skateboards to his friends.  He set up shop in his desk at school, where his teacher allowed him to assemble his products during free time.  She recognized the entrepreneur in him.  Soon, the business became a group endeavor, with more friends joining in... and JBD was born.  Three letters for three boy's names.  Below is a sample of their finger board, complete with packaging.


I work with children everyday and I love what I do.  I try to be my best as a teacher, always.  But after watching this video, I feel like I can probably give even more of myself.  

P.S. As I write this, my own kids {who watched this video after dinner tonight} are busy cutting and taping cardboard boxes in the living room.  I guess they have been inspired as well.  :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting! I'm excited for you guys and your move. This is such a giddy time of year because it brings back all those memories from two years ago :)

    I actually have another blog reader moving out of Washington this summer, too. She'll be on the west coast of Michigan once they get all settled in.

    Good luck and feel free to bombard with questions if you feel so inclined ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Lots of moving going on! I love it. It's good to know I'm not alone and that chances are good my family will survive all of the changes. Thanks for your encouragement! It means the world!

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...