Monday, May 7, 2012

cow love and just how much i'm going to miss this place.


Okay, so if you've been around awhile, then you know I'm not only a mom, but I'm also a full-time college student {in education} as well working p/t in a toddler classroom.  I began working in this center 4 years ago, first in a preschool classroom and currently in a toddler classroom.  To say that I LOVE what I do is an understatement.  Of course, I'm human and I have my days when I would rather stay in bed and eat ice cream and watch daytime telly, but I am always happy when I am working with the children {exhaustedly happy most days, undeniably}.  I feel like when I made the decision those 4 years ago, to go back to college, I couldn't have picked a better field of study for myself.  I love teaching. And I love children.

I can't help but notice that my time in this wonderful center is dwindling.  Is it just me, or is Spring really going fast?  I am thankful to be staying until the end of the school year, as goodbyes to the children will be a natural transition, but it will still be a little tearful, I'm sure.  I am pretty certain that I have done as much learning and growing inside these classroom walls as the children have.  This place is more to me than a source of income, it's where I found out there is more to me than what I ever thought possible.  I have five weeks left and I promise to go out with a bang!

PS. And while I'm being melancholy and heartfelt, let me just tell you this also: when I picked up McKenna from school today, we started chatting about how it is almost summer and when I told her how excited I was for it, she said, "I usually am excited for summer, but right now I never want school to end because that means we're moving...and I don't want to move."  *the sound of my heart deflating like a balloon.


Together, we will get through this.  I just know that good things await!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...