Thursday, May 17, 2012

a lovely week indeed.

{pretty}


It has been such a lovely, sunny week in Spokane.  The flowers are ablooming and the sun is ashining.  And our rhubarb is reaching new heights this year, thanks to the previous owner for planting it all those years ago.  Now if only I knew what to do with it???

{happy}



I've been through this on previous posts, but my parents were up visiting from Portland, Oregon for the Mother's Day weekend.  We have had kind of a tradition over the years of eating at The Chalet and sitting up in the loft area of the restaurant.  We have shared many a laugh up there, especially when the kids were younger and it was hard for them to keep utensils and full glasses of Diet Coke from falling onto the floor below.  One visit, my dad even got interviewed by the news for a story on tipping servers {not to be confused with the cow kind of tipping} in the failing economy, and we went back home to see ourselves on tv that night.  Anyway, it was a fun weekend and the kids of course, tried to stow away in Grandma and Papa's car.

{funny}
Oh, mom.  I love her to pieces.  Isn't she the cutest?

{real}
I'm going to be honest.  There really is no cute way to eat a chocolate-covered strawberry.  I wasn't going to post this photo {as a wide mouth = a straight-across line on my forehead}, but I'm keeping it real.  And let me tell you, the juicy, chocolaty taste of that delectable deliciousness is well worth the appearance of surprised wonder on my face.  




round button chicken

5 comments:

  1. Love this post! You have such a great blog :) I must admit, I'm a lurker-turned follower! Yay! (Hopefully that doesn't sound as weird as it does reading it...)

    Now...I'm off to go find myself some chocolate covered strawberries. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your blog has simply lovely pictures! Happy Springtime! :)
    Come visit my site! littlehomeforchrist.com
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures - and the blog! My first time here, and it's nice to see one familiar face in the combox above me (Cynthia). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is too cute! CanI be part of it, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...