Wednesday, May 30, 2012

the notebook.


This notebook has nothing to do with a Nicholas Sparks novel.  Bummer right?  In fact, to the untrained eye, the above blurry notebook might appear just plain boring and random.  Even my eldest daughter poked fun of my Instagram photo of this ridiculous notebook {as young-adults-family-members will harass you when you decide to allow them to join Instagram and then invite them to follow you and your photos of what you're eating, what you're drinking, what you're wearing, the flowers you saw, what your cute cat did that day and everyday after, the fruit salad you made, the sun shining through the trees, and a random notebook on the sofa}.  Buuuutttttttt.....this notebook was majorly symbolic yesterday and that equates to a photo op.

Yesterday the moving company guy came over and surveyed our house.  And this was his notebook.  He did nothing very extraordinary.  He simply walked through the house, counting furniture, planning for boxes, and determining box types and truck size.  At one point in the tour, he suggested that when moving day arrives, we have all of our wall hangings taken down and propped against the wall.  And suddenly it all clicked.  WE ARE MOVING.  Oh my gosh!  I need to get the wall hangings down ASAP and lined up against the wall.  What am I waiting for?  We are moving!  

I'm pretty sure Husband saw the lightbulb go off in my head.  I swear he could hear my entire inner conversation.  He looked right at me and said, "Don't you dare start taking things off the wall yet, Mist.  I know you and next time I come back from Pittsburgh, the entire house will be bare of anything on the walls."  And then he pulled one of these, "Think of the children."  

Ugh.  My evil plan spoiled again.  

So, I am going to do everything I can to NOT start preparing for moving day.  That's what moving companies are for, I suppose.  But the point is, I think I am ready to see the walls become bare.  And last week, that very thought made me almost ugly-cry.  I'm processing in a positive manner.  Good news, indeed.  Also yesterday, we are officially c-l-o-s-e-d on the house.  As in, p-h-e-w.  

Things are looking uppity-up-up-up!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on closing on the house. Moving is so hard but you will survive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're moving too! For me, it's easier to just get everything packed away because I feel ready to move on to new adventures. But I don't like how un-home-y my apartment will seem once everything gets packed away.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...