Thursday, May 17, 2012

posing like a fashion blogger.

Oh my goodness, you guys.  Husband e-mailed me a link to the funniest "How to Pose Like a Fashion Blogger" post like ever, ever!  And trust me, by me passing it along to you, I am in no way trying to poke fun of fashion bloggers, as I tried a stint in fashion-blogging myself.  Welllllllll, okay, perhaps I am laughing at us a little, especially after that hilarious post.  But it's all in good fun.  So, go ahead and click here to have a giggle!

But first, a look at my past attempts to be awesome...

I am a big fan of fashion blogs {my google reader is total proof}, but it's so so awkward taking photos of oneself, isn't it?  And then putting them out there for the world to see?  We have to be some kind of brave.  Well, my bravery is somewhat limited and so here on Across & Down, unless someone else is taking my photo, it will be me snapping my photo using the mirror {and no flamingo stance}.  Somehow, it feels less awkward to be in front of a mirror than it does to be setting the timer, using a tripod and standing out in nature trying to look like I'm having all kinds of spontaneous fun with a friend who doesn't exist.  At least with a mirror, you can see that I have no friends.  :)

We have this one life though.  And I'm not about to spend it taking things so seriously.
If one day I want to stand like a flamingo, then darnit, I'll stand like flamingo.  :)

And P.S. My darn cat pooped in the laundry room again.  Not on my pants this time, but in the corner.  What am I going to do with this broken feline????  Cat diapers?


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This was too funny! I am so impressed by all those fashion bloggers out there that make it look so natural! I definitely need to work on my fashion blogger poses!

    Emilie
    www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, oh man. I'm the world's worst picture poser - it's pretty pathetic.
    At least you found the cat poop? And poop is easier to clean/get rid of the smell than cat pee. I once had a cat that peed in a pile of laundry, and I washed those clothes like, 6 times and promptly took the cat to the shelter. It was a shame, but no way could I live with that on the regular.
    Found you at tid+bits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the fashion blogging- I always wonder where in the world the girls get the bravery to go and do that. I could NEVER I would feel so dumb. So where is this link to the article? I totally want to read it!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, I think that was one of he funniest blogs I've ever read. I was laughing so hard I cried! The hubs got a kick out of it too. There's just something about boy bloggers that make things like that so funny. Like even though he's making fun of us, it's still ridiculously hilarious. Haha anyway, thanks for sharing. Ps your blog is A-dorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you on the link up - that is hilarious! I follow a heap of fashion bloggers and love them but there is no way I can post outfit pictures myself, feels completely embarassing.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...