Friday, June 1, 2012

gung-ho crazy.


Last night I went all gung-ho crazy with some idea that I was going to live young and wild and free for the next few days, leading up to my 38th birthday {of which I am just soooooo absolutely looking forward to}.  YAY.  I also promised to start small, and so I kept my word.  I decided for today, a more youthful-fun-free apparel look would be a super way to kick off this mental breakdown absolutely marvelous self-challenge.  And then in attempt to be young and rebellious, I left the computer lab early {which is something I never ever do} and texted Husband Where are you taking me to lunch?  And we went out for Mexican and it was good and I thought I was being fun...

...But apparently Husband's translation of last night's blog post equalled MAJOR AWESOME LIFE CHANGES and that suddenly I was going to be, well, I have no idea actually.  But whatever he had in mind, my cool hat, ripped jeans, skipping 1/2 of class, Mexican food, plus 2 broken winds in the car and dying of laughter, is just not adding up to any rip-roaring fun.  I, on the other hand, am having a grand old time.

I think what I am trying to do is inspire myself to not be so quick to say no to stuff outside of my comfort zone and not to take everything so darn seriously sometimes.  I have no intention of getting inked or pierced or jumping out of a plane or purchasing a hamster.  I'm thinking more along the lines of cartwheels on the beach, dancing in the living room, and blowing off homework for family time.  When I hear McKenna shooting hoops out front, I want to go out and join her, rather than sit at the computer.  Stuff like that.

So Husband, sorry no tattoo.  But I will eat Mexican with you any old day of the week!
And plus also, I KNOW you think I'm funny and fun.  I can see you laughing over there.

1 comment:

  1. I think you summed it up nicely. A lot less of saying no = being younger. I'm going to do that as well...I think as we get older (I turned the ol' 3-8 this past April) we get wrapped up in our percieved responsibilities that we miss out on a lot. I'm with you...I even said yes to a watergun fight with my 9 year old....it's way more fun than folding laundry. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...