Friday, June 15, 2012

school's out for summer which is kind of a bummer.



School is O_U_T!!!
In celebration, I got out my craft scissors and went to town on these photos!
Lucky you!

Bittersweet.  That's the word of the day.  The kids are feeling it, I'm feeling it, and Husband is feeling it.  There's no other way to describe these mixed emotions.  Saying goodbye {this might not be the first nor the last time you have to hear me say this} sucks.  Jackson went to school a-ok and came home super bummed on this last half-day.  In his own sad words, "I didn't know it was going to feel this way."  We both could have easily cried for days in the school parking lot, but I had to suck it up and be the strong, encouraging one.  Why does parenting have to be so hard sometimes and why can't I just erase all of his pain and make him know that everything is going to be okay?  Ugh.  After the gut-wrenching few moments though, mother and son picked up Subway sandwiches and brought them back home to devour at the dining room table.  Our worries soon were replaced by full tummies and replenished oxygen to our brains and the smiles came back to our round, little faces {see what I did there, Carleigh?}.  And now that boy is downstairs playing video games with friends and I am upstairs spinning this little tale online.  All better now.

Change is hard.  But change is also good.  Just you wait and see, my little man.

Happy Summer, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...