Tuesday, July 24, 2012

enjoying omaha, nebraska.

It feels a little like cheating, posting a photo of the Welcome to Iowa sign, when all we did was pass through on the highway.  But it still counts.  After all, it did feel like we were just passing through for like forever.  Endless fields of corn.  Rows and rows and rows and.....



And then we crossed into Nebraska and suddenly the landscape completely changed!  Just kidding.



But what an oasis from the 110 degree heat, was our hotel pool.  Plus our drive from Sioux Falls this morning was only 3 hours {compared to our usual 6-7 painful driving hours}.  So we pretty much were in heaven today.




I call this one It's a Good Thing I Know this Guy.

I call this one The Baptism.

I call this one I don't care if it's 110 degrees.  I'm not getting in that cold pool.





I call this one Kids Playing Tug of War With Jack's Shirt and It's Too Hot to Tell Them Not To.

The Omaha Cheesecake Factory and a trip to the mall rounded out our day here in Nebraska.  We discovered Von Maurs {a slightly-less copy of Nordstrom} and Yaunkers {which I swear is Macy's in disguise}.  And now the kids and Husband are back down at the pool and I am doing laundry and enjoying that Husband and kids are down at the pool.

Just kidding!  I'm about to join them!  I love those stinkpots. 


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with not getting in the pool because of cold water!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...