Friday, July 20, 2012

goodbye, spokane. we love you.




Well, that's that.  Our Spokane chapter is behind us {just barely}.  We are off to pay a visit to Montana for the night.  Only 6 hours of driving stand between us and a hotel with a pool and free continental breakfast.  Yeehaw!

The old house is clean, empty and the keys are no longer in our possession.  I imagined how it might play out, the whole family leaving the house together and stopping for a photo on the front porch.  And that is totally not how it went down.  I never went back up to see the house after the cleaning company left.  I was just done driving back and forth and felt like I didn't even need just one more drive back.  Husband however, did take the kids back up to the house, to do a final walk thru.  And I guess that last visit ended sadly with tears and hugging and more tears.  It was hard for the kids to see the house so empty.  I guess that means they have lots of good memories that were made in that place and although I am sad for them, it means they have enjoyed their home.
Husband called me soon after and asked to meet for dinner at Chuck E. Cheese.  Game tokens always cheer kids up, don't they?  And even though I had imagined that last photo with our Spokane house, the hotel was perfect for a quick photo shoot.  No sadness, just back to our happy selves.

Today we say goodbye to Elyssa, who will be on her own little adventure, visiting friends and getting a first real taste of independence as she travels from home to home.  She still has a week left in Spokane and then she's off to Portland for a week to play with family.  Her route to Pittsburgh will be a bit quicker than ours, with one long plane ride.  As for the remaining four of us, we will miss her, but we've got some fun stuff planned out for our 10 days on the open road.  We love you Elyssa!  Be safe and have fun!  We will be waiting for you in Pittsburgh!!!

Spokane will always hold a special place in our hearts and we will miss this place.  But I have been anticipating this moving day for 6 months and I am ready for adventure.  It's finally here!

Moving Day!!!!


4 comments:

  1. I love the hotel pictures full of happy faces! Looking forward to pictures of happy smiling faces taken in your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both
    equally educative and engaging, and without a doubt, you have
    hit the nail on the head. The issue is something
    which not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy I came across this during my hunt for something relating to this.
    Have a look at my page ... how to make an app

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up!

    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back down the road. Cheers
    My web page: bostaditurkiet.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I
    could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
    My weblog - social.projectskyfire.org

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...