Wednesday, July 18, 2012

mckenna's turn to pool-party.








I feel like when it comes to this move, we have done everything to the best of our ability and we have done it right.  I know that sometimes life doesn't give us the opportunity to get things perfect {we have so much to do and so little time and so little resources and half the time we're tap-dancing our way through this parenting thing}, but I feel that by some miracle {and careful planning of priorities}, we have been able to make this move pretty darn smooth.  We have been able to let the children finish out the school year and have fun with friends until the very last day in Spokane.  We have been able to sell a house in 8 days and then purchase a house on our first offer.  We have been fortunate enough to hire movers to do all the packing and cleaners to do the cleaning.  We have been able to play at the pool and just enjoy life and friendships in our final days here.  We have been able to get the cats safely across the country by airplane, just today {they are a little overwhelmed, but safe and sound in Pittsburgh, waiting for us}.
If I had only been able to have a peek into the future back in January {when we first learned about the relocation}, I would have relaxed a little bit.  I lie.  I would have relaxed a lot.  I would have lost way less hair.  If only I could have seen just how thankful I am for this experience.  Thankful?  That would have sounded impossible back in January.  But it's true now.  I am thankful.  I am grateful for this opportunity to learn about friendship and family and distance and love and support, none of which would have been learned without this move.  I have learned that things can and do work out.  I have learned that my family is strong and reliable and resilient.  And I have learned that I am stronger and braver than I give myself credit for.  And that there are different ways at looking at things.  And that if we'll only just stop thinking for a second and just do it already, we can really be quite adventurous.  I can be adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...