Friday, July 13, 2012

moving's most ickiest job: the garage.






You might remember hearing a story recently about my children and I trying to bring some stuff down from our storage unit, only to be frightened away by spiders.  Well, spiders-or-not, we tackled our garage today, getting it organized and cleaned out and ready for when brave Husband brings stuff down from storage.  And good news!  No spiders to be found!  HipHip!  It was still gross though.  Really, really dusty, dirty, grimy and gross.  Ick.  But it's done and we can move on.

P.S. I just want settle your minds and put your worries to rest that my blogging for the next few days is just going to be photos and exciting descriptions of us cleaning in each room of the house.  I promise, promise, promise not to bore you with that pain and agony.  Maybe.  It's just that when a girly girl, such as myself, does such manly things, I feel like I want to share it with the world {or just a few blogging friends}.  Look at me!  I cleaned a disgusting garage and it was soooooo gross, but I did it!  

And let's not do that again, anytime soon.



4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for being scared away by the spiders. I would have been too!! So glad you didn't find any.

    I'd shout it from the rooftops if I had cleaned out the garage! I dont' even like going in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spiders are just the worst. I wish I could figure out why they are so creepy, compared to another bug. But for now, they scare me to death!

      Delete
  2. Hi there--I just happened upon your lovely blog and having been a Navy brat and then a Navy wife (I have probably moved 20 times in my life--at least) I can promise you that you will survive this big move. Your kids will adjust, it won't be all smiles, but one day they will look back on the whole experience and be able to count many, many blessings that came out of it. And those old friendships do not have to be a thing of the past. My kids, now in their mid 20s, have wonderful friends from all around the country. It's going to be a great experience and don't worry, all that work will, eventually, get done! Hang in there and try to enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouraging words! I try to remember that so many families are out there moving everyday and gaining positive experiences. I lived in the same house growing up and if other families hadn't moved from somewhere, I would have missed out on meeting my best friends. This is going to be awesome for us!

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...