Tuesday, July 10, 2012

what i've been wearing.

Anthropologie puzzle dress, cheap Old Navy flip flops {a summer staple}, and a lazy unwashed bun.
4th of July - Anthropologie top, Gap bottoms, Blowfish ruby slippers

Banana Republic top, Loft shorts, REI sandals
Anthropologie hat and top, Loft shorts, REI sandals {sorry about the iPhone pic}
Banana Republic top and skirt, F21 necklace, REI sandals

Oh good, a clothing post.  Phew.  Because with only 10 days left until moving day {6 days until the movers show up}, my brain needs a break from that subject.  Husband has been gone since the 4th and doesn't get back until Thursday, and without him here I am a little off balance.  He keeps me reassured and grounded when he's here.  And without that on a daily basis, my brain can easily decide that there is simply too much to do and too little time to do it and blah blah blah major panic.

I am still trying to look cool on the surface, balancing work with play {although my mind seems focused mostly on the work of organizing the house}.  The fact of the matter is that I want my kids to spend these last days with their friends before we leave.  And play dates {although entertaining for the kids} mean messes and making food and driving places and making more food, etc.  And then that just goes right against my obsession with trying to keep the house organized and clean.  Ahhhhhhh!  I think I need a brain vacation!

What I need to tell myself is this:  We have movers {for the love of God}.  We have a cleaning company after the movers leave.  Dearest Misty, please chill the heck out.  It will all get moved, clean or not, orderly or not.  Put on your swim suit and take the kids to the pool.


-------------------------------------------------------

***I like shopping for clothes.  It's a weakness.  But I also like hanging out in sweats and pajamas.  Posting my outfits helps me keep my budget in balance while also keeping my cute stuff from going to waste.  Plus I'm just a big girly-girl who likes to play dress-up.  Every wednesday I link up with The Pleated Poppy!


pleated poppy




5 comments:

  1. You look as stylish and put together as ever. You are reminding me of Lauren Conrad in these pictures, who I think is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that Anthropologie dress! And good luck with the move! We're just looking for a new apartment across town and that's stressing me out enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last outfit. I'm a sucker for stripes anyway, but the pink skirt and necklace just put it over the edge. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that puzzle dress but all of your outfits are so cute! I hope moving goes smoothly :)

    Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look FAB missy!! I LOVE ALL THE OUTFITS, the bun - you are so cute!! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...