Wednesday, August 29, 2012

brightening up the kitchen with my new most favorite color.

Oh boy, is my back sore tonight.  I'm feeling the affects of painting all day long.  But it's all worth it, when I step into my kitchen and see this...











And in case you are wondering what it looked like before...

I removed the vino-adorned wallpaper border and painted a lovely yellow {Pyramid Gold} over that 90's peach color.  I am so absolutely stunned and amazed at the difference a little paint can make and the yellow just illuminates the kitchen so nicely.  I could spend all day happily, cooking in here now!  If only food preparation brought me the same excitement as decorating.

*I love this color so much, I also used it to paint the upstairs bathroom!  Just a few accessories and new towels to add, and photos will be posted!






8 comments:

  1. What a happy room! Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very happy with how it turned out! You never know about yellow sometimes!

      Delete
  2. It's so bright and cheery! You gave the kitchen a whole new feel and I'm happy you ditched the wall paper and peach pint. Peach paint, what were they thinking?!
    p.s. May I have a treat from the Treat jar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I don't even know what's inside the treat jar! I better check. :)

      Delete
  3. It looks awesome! I love yellow in the kitchen. It's so happy!

    Emilie
    live.eat.smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if only I had your cooking skills!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE it! Your kitchen is beautiful!!! You have such good color themes and decorations to go with them. I wouldn't mind cooking there myself, and I totally agree with you, I wish cooking brought pleasure, but with me not so much! I can hardly wait to see the bathroom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left the lighthouse border up for you in the bathroom!

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...