Sunday, August 5, 2012

moving is hard. and fun. but mostly hard.


The boxes are disappearing slowly from the inside of the house.  Husband folded up the empty ones and piled them in the garage and I keep adding more to the stack, as I work my way through each room, opening and unpacking and organizing.  I make sure to mix work {opening boxes full of boring necessity items} with play {hanging pictures and finding the perfect places for decor}.  It is hard work, this business of putting back together a home.  And this Pittsburgh heat/humidity has not made it all the more comfortable {although we did get a lot of rain today, which was wonderful}.

Yesterday I took a break from the boxes and went grocery shopping - that first trip is not cheap; condiments, drinks, breads, cooking oils, meat, cheese, eggs, milk, etc.  But after 21 days on the road and eating on that road, it was ridiculously satisfying to finally get a good home-cooked meal in our bellies.  This evening, it was extra good to be once again seated around our dining room table, sharing our highs and lows and having good conversations about how much we love our new house and how much we love having the Internets and cable t.v. again.  And later tonight, after more organizing mixed in with regular household duties like dishes and laundry, we all forced ourselves to relax on our new sectional and watch the Olympics, while enjoying a nice slice of pie {thanks Husband for running out to get dessert}!

I am constantly reminding myself that nothing needs to be done ASAP, but it's hard to listen to reason.  I want these boxes out and I want everything in its place.  Like now.  But with only a few weeks left of summer break, I ought to be dedicating a part of my day to house duty and a part of my day to exploring the area with my kids.  I am going to try really hard to do that.  I'd love to take evening walks in the neighborhood and relax at the pool as much as possible.  Somebody help me remember to do that, would ya?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like y'all are getting settled in. Can't wait to see what you do with the place and as always I love looking at your OOTD! Your blog always puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...