Friday, August 31, 2012

no more awkward peekaboo with the next door neighbors.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful creators of clingy window privacy film {available at Home Depot for $19.99}.  Not only is it swell to look at, but it has taken some of the awkward out of my life, of which I am most appreciative.  Before window cling, my laundry room glared like a beacon aimed straight at the neighbor's driveway, signaling all wandering eyes to peek in and spy who might be folding laundry or ironing in their morning skivvies.  And it is a laundry room after all.  I don't know of anyone who looks their best or happiest or most dressed while laundering and folding clothes.  Wait a minute.  That might not be true.  I guess I wouldn't know since I never look in on people doing their laundry.  And now, thanks again to privacy window clings -in faux stained glass- other people will never know how I look when I do my laundry.  So there.  





Anyway, lots of photos of the same thing, but you get the idea.  The film came rolled up in one piece like a poster and about the same size of a large poster.  It's not adhesive, so it can be removed easily.  It works using static cling.  I had to measure for my separate window panes and cut carefully, so I could keep the picture uniform.  I then sprayed with water, attached the film, and used a small squeegee to smooth out the bubbles.  It took me about an hour and was super easy.  And now I don't have to worry about awkward waves when the neighbors walk or drive by.  Hip hip!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! I want to get some! My laundry room window faces my neighbors kitchen window! I'm sure they don't like seeing my clothes hanging to dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so helpful, let me tell you!

      Delete
  2. Ha! Funny...I have a door just like that in my kitchen that faces my neighbors kitchen. My old neighbors had a fit for me to put frost on it or a curtain or the clings that you have used. I never did. They recently moved. The new neighbors put up curtains. haha. I really like the clings you used though. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! In one of our previous houses, our kitchen window faced the neighbors kitchen window, and I felt like we were cooking dinner together every night. I found myself constantly staring into her house like a creeper. :)

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...