Thursday, August 30, 2012

occasionally, one should listen to one's husband.


If you read yesterday's post, then you know all about the new yellow paint in the kitchen and nook.  Lurv it!  You might also remember a smaller table.  Back in our Spokane dining room, we only had space for the smaller table {when we put the leaf in, we couldn't get to the kitchen}, so we made do, 5 of us crowding around a table more comfortably made for four.  And my brain must have gotten stuck on that idea.  So, when Husband very smartly suggested, last night at dinner {around the small table} that we put the leaf in since we have more space in the room, I should have stood right up, done a happy dance, walked down to the garage to retrieve that table leaf, and snapped it right in.  Alas no.  I was more of a Debbie Downer.  I don't think there's enough room.  And once I find a dining room table and chairs, we'll be eating in the big dining room.  Wah, wah, wah.  

So, here I am this morning, doing a happy dance, thrilled that I realize occasionally my husband has darn good ideas and grinning because sometimes I actually listen to them.  Maybe a day later, but it still counts as listening, right?  The thing is, why on Earth would I crowd us at a little table, when now we can eat without worrying about lefties and righties and elbow-bumping?  And who am I kidding, really?  We will find a grand table and chairs {on the cheap} for the "real" dining room and odds are.... we will never even eat in there.  Isn't it true?

Anyway, dear Husband - you have wonderful ideas, more than on occasion.  I'm sorry it takes me a little while to grasp them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...