Tuesday, August 7, 2012

the neighborhood pool is where it's at.

Yesterday I blabbed about how I can't stop unpacking boxes and I need to be better at balancing work with play because before I know it, summer will be over and I'll have missed some great opportunities to spend time with my kids.  Well, today those Olympics judges would have given me a 15.75 {Is that good?  Is that bad?  Is it just me or is the scoring at the Olympics not meant for the general public to understand}.  I'm going to go ahead and tell you that a 15.75 is pretty darn good in my rule book, with minimal deductions.  I worked. And I worked hard.  But then this evening after dinner, the kids and I walked to the neighborhood pool.  It was fantastic.




I call this one Holy Sh*t!  We Have a Neighborhood Pool!


I call this one The Double Pinch.



I call this one Nice Shot Jackson and Hey Elyssa Did You Check Out the Cute Lifeguard Caught with an Unfortunate Awkward Expression?

I call this one Batman!  Not Flashers.  Geez.

 While I was sitting at the pool, taking too many photos of my children, I saw the neighborhood association moms {NAM?} holding a meeting for this Friday evenings Luau event {yes, Husband and I are going to go and be awkwardly social}.  I made eye contact and smiled nicely at one mom who smiled back.  I'm shy, so introducing myself wasn't an option at that time.  But I'll get there soon.  For now, they will just have to think I'm a snob until they get a chance to know me {and find out I really am a snob}.  Haha!  Just kidding!  Actually, I'm looking forward to meeting peoples.  And being nice.  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...