Wednesday, August 1, 2012

waiting for the moving truck.


Well, the house is ours!  It's empty and clean and just waiting to be filled with our stuff!  Today we spent a little time removing some bedroom carpet, but other than that and paint... there's really not much to do until our stuff arrives.  I cannot wait to hang up pictures and move furniture around and fill up the fridge with food and cook dinner in the kitchen and eat on the deck!


As I walked around the outside of the house this afternoon, taking photos of the small details and colors blooming in the yard, I couldn't help but feel like a little kid wearing mom's heels.  This is such a grown-up yard and I wonder if I can keep up with it.  I know I am excited to put on my gardening gloves and try!  And I know I will appreciate that I have the opportunity to do so.  I see the family out together, weeding and mowing and pruning and pausing to rest under the shade of the trees.  Lovely.









A perpetual chirping of locusts and cicadas can be heard from our yard at all hours, it seems {I absolutely love it}.  It is like nothing I have ever heard and it is so soothing and relaxing.  We also heard frogs in the backyard this evening and McKenna even spotted a bunny in the yard!  And according to the previous owners, we will see deer o'plenty.  But the most exciting of all creepy-crawlies & animals has got to be the lightning bugs!!!  I love those little flashing flying things!  It's like eating in the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland {only of course, without actually being in the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland}.  

Anyway, I'm going to dance with those lightning bugs all summer long!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You guys made it! Can't wait to see what you do with the new house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Misty you guys will do a great job with the house, your first house was awesome and now you will get the green thumb to go with all those flowers that are there for you to enjoy. I sure hope the lightning bugs are there in the fall, I so LOVE those little creatures! You are right they remind me of the Blue Bayou Restaurant also!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...