Wednesday, September 5, 2012

another bathroom redo.


When Husband first walked in and saw the paint color, his reaction was, "Wow, blue!  I had no idea you'd go with blue."  And that's such a typical response from a husband, is it not?  Not good or bad, just an obvious statement about what he is observing.  Because of course he didn't know I would pick blue.  I didn't even know I'd pick blue.  I wanted a color that wouldn't clash too badly with the new yellow in the kitchen, because this bathroom is right next door and the door is always open {well, until it is closed}.  I also wanted a bright color, but not too light because nobody uses this bathroom to get ready in the morning or anything, so I might as well have some fun with a darker shade.  And so, as with all of my paint choices, I stood at Home Depot's paint selection kiosk, looked through the brochures, found a picture I liked {with similar furniture/appliances to mine}, and said, "Okay!  Blue it is!  Magic Spell Blue, to be exact."  And since we are all fans of magic in this house, it seemed extra personal.  Like, it was a sign.





I am a bit of a knickknack collector, but I am really trying to simplify my trinkety ways.  I decided to just let this bold color steal the show and keep things very clean and simple.  I love the bright white trim against the blue and the plain, white curtains just keep that simple flow.  I found the two floral prints and frames at IKEA and think they add a bit of romance {because that's what one wants in a bathroom - romance}.  I also added that privacy film on the window to keep those naughty cicadas from peeping in.  Well, unless they're high up in those trees.  But I'm not too worried about it.

And of course, there's nothing like having a "before" photo to highlight all of the butt I've been busting...


Much better, no?

7 comments:

  1. I really like the shade of blue that you chose! It really freshened things up. I'm trying to cut back on my knick knacky ways, too. There are too many cute tchotchkes out there, just begging to come home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know! Sometimes I buy a cute little ceramic bunny or chicken because it has a cute face. It's just crazy. But I like it. :)

      Delete
  2. The blue looks so beautiful! And it really stands out with the white trim and curtain! I feel like I am standing in the room and it is so peaceful and calm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom! You must come see all the stuff I've been doing! Check often for good flight deals and if one comes along, you should just snag tickets! I don't care for what dates! Just any!

      Delete
  3. The blue looks so beautiful! And it really stands out with the white trim and curtain! I feel like I am standing in the room and it is so peaceful and calm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the blue is so crisp and clean looking, good choice! I seriously wonder if I painted a room and didn't tell my husband and sons....they probably wouldn't even notice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! Sometimes I think my husband would never notice if I didn't tell him. But I get so excited that I have to show him. It's basically like Extreme Makeover Home Edition only without the "Move that bus!" I totally make him look at everything while I explain it. Torture. :)

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...