Friday, September 14, 2012

antiques and a most beautiful historic restaurant.


Volant, Pennsylvania.  Blink and you might miss it, but that would be very bad, because this little town is oh-so-cute!  My mom and I drove north, about an hour from Pittsburgh, to visit Volant's antique and decor shops and it did not disappoint.  Every shop was filled with autumn decor inspiration and the scent of sugar cookies or pumpkin spice candles.


Here, kitty kitty.


Ice Scream, You scream!


Going my way?


The strip.




When can I move in?

That little owl and the star?  They belong to me now.




I'll take that and that and that over there.


--------------------------------------------------

From Volant, we drove west about 3 miles to New Wilmington, PA.  I'd been through once before, but wanted to go back and eat at the Tavern on the Square.  And today that little dream came true.  And I swear it was pure magic.  Drinks-served-in-glass-canning-jars-magic!  I ordered a delicious pork barbecue sandwich and clam chowder.   Mmmm, mmm, mmm.  So good.  But the world famous sticky buns... best ever!  The following photos are all from this historic restaurant that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad:





So cute, right?




Pulled pork heaven.

Party rooms upstairs...





It was another terrific day with my mom!  Boy-oh-boy is beautiful Pennsylvania working it's way into my heart.  It's almost like I'm on vacation.  Well, except for the part where I'm not actually on vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    I popped over from Whatever, whenever wednesday.

    LOVE this post, i love exploring new places while i read and blog.

    :)
    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you on Whatever Wednesday
    and ohhh goodness I think I found my new dream town.

    Thanks for sharing, I will now be planning my next vaycay:)

    xo
    Hallie
    http://lifeoceanside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...