Tuesday, September 4, 2012

oh wallpaper, how i hate you.


Yesterday I started cosmetically enhancing McKenna's bedroom and boy is it the most fun thing never during this wallpaper-removing process.  Between the constant spraying and the scraping, this is a total arm workout.  And I am so slow and out of shape.  Plus I have that OCD thing where I have to stop and check my progress every two seconds.  It's tends to slow things down sometimes.  I had to quit {and cry my eyeballs out} after 1.3 walls.  Fortunately, Elyssa came to my rescue and helped me finish up for the evening.  And lovely McKenna said I can take as long as I like to finish.  Days even.  Such a splendid child.  Anyway, if you can ever possibly avoid removing wallpaper, you should at all costs.  I would have painted right over the stupid stuff, but for as long as I can remember in my family, we put in the extra time and effort and do things the right way.  Annoying, right?  




But if I have to find the good in all things {do I really have to?  yes you do.}  then I'm going to look at this dumb job as an opportunity to enhance my flabby arms and also an opportunity to help make this house {especially this bedroom} a happy place for McKenna to grow up.  I look forward to a few days from now, when the cheerful paint is done and pictures are on the walls.  But mostly I look forward to the smile on McKenna's face when she sees her new room.

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing when we bought our house. It was built in the early 80's and let's just say they loved wallpaper and stained wood...me not so much. Good luck with the removal. I've used so much Dif over the years it's not funny. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...