Sunday, September 9, 2012

the dining room gets pampered.













Our dining room is off to a great start!  I say start because I am always moving things around and on the lookout for items to add!  But for right now I am completely in love with my new dining room!  And since I have been dreaming of having a space like this {where we can host company and celebrate special occasions} for like-ever, this room is so super special to me.  I find myself peeking in on it at least once an hour.  Just to make sure it's really there.  

The paint was a gift from the previous owners and I loved it so much I didn't change a thing.  One less room to paint.  Bingo.  The lighting was also here previously and it is nice and updated {thank goodness}, so it will continue to shine for us.  The rug was ours from Spokane.  We bought it at Costco years ago and it has held up quite nicely.  The garland above the door and the polkadot wall sconces are also ours from Spokane.  The wreath is from Target and originally hung on our front door, but I thought it would be perfect with the natural wood of the table.

The table and chairs are from IKEA.  Of course we had to put them together ourselves, but IKEA really does a great job of making it easy.  It took me 15-20 minutes to put together each chair, but once I got through following instructions on the first one, the rest went much faster.  Husband and Elyssa put together the table in about an hour {maybe a little bit less}.  

The white pitcher is also from IKEA.

The plates are from Marshalls and TJ Maxx.  It's harder to find an assortment of inexpensive white plates than you might think.  

The silk flowers are from JoAnn Fabrics.


So, all that's left to do is eat in here!  But not on Sunday, don'tcha know.  Sundays are for football and eating in front of the television.  




DIY Show Off

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! please come help me do my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty Misty Misty Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! I agree with Peggy you MUST come to West Linn and spend a week and all we will do is shop shop shop and you can share your ideas with me and then we can paint paint paint!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...