Wednesday, September 12, 2012

the unsuspecting targets.




And so there we were - on a typical school night - being very typical and normal and not particularly eventful.  Homework, homework, homework.  We had not a single, solitary clue that we were about to be surprised by a visit from Grandma, all the way from the other side of the country.  Husband got in cahoots with her last week, told her some sad story about me being a lonely mess and that he wanted to fly her out as a surprise, and of course she fell for it {thank goodness!!!}.  It was all very hush-hush, even on my mom and dad's side of the world.  They told not a soul.  And that's really very amazing, if I think about it.  I mean, they know everyone and they tell everyone everything.  Such social people, I don't know how I became such a hermit.  But I did, and that's a different story.  

In looking back on this past week, there were subtle clues to this surprise and I just can't believe I didn't catch any of them at the time.  Either Husband really knows me all too well, or I am just that predictable.  So, in an effort to prevent others from the shame of being as clueless as myself, I have put together the following:

Your husband might be shipping your mother to see you if...

He says, "Are you ready for a big week?" 

He repeats the above question 3 days in a row.  

You don't have a job or anything, so there really is no such thing as a "big week" for you.

He suddenly decides urgently that his office must become a spare bedroom with a bed.

He goes out and buys a bed annnndddd he cleans off his desk.

He goes to the airport at 10:00 at night to rent a car.

So, there.  I hope that helps!  In my case, I am super happy the surprise worked out, of course!  You should have seen the look on my face when I saw my mom.  I didn't actually get to see it, but I hear it was fantastic!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! I LOVE this story. Your husband sounds like a babe. How sweet is he? I LOVE that you said you don't have a big week. SO CUTE! Hope you had fun with your mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...