Tuesday, September 11, 2012

what i've been wearing.

What's down there anyway?
Gap scarf, Loft Outlet tee, Nordstrom jeans, Born boots

Gap dress, Loft sandals

Banana Republic skirt, Loft Outlet tee, Dansko sandals

Juicy C. dress, Dansko sandals


Anthropologie dress, Dansko sandals


Cute dresses + ugly sandals = this week's outfit theme.  I have so many pretty shoes just waiting for a chance to be walked all over, yet I only ever put the ugly comfortable ones on.  Why????  I did, however, get to slip into a pair of jeans and boots on a chillier day this week and after so many days of hot summer weather... that was the bomb!

And on a nothing-to-do-with-clothes note, if you read my previous post, then you know that my husband surprised me by flying my mom over from Portland, Oregon last night.  It was a complete surprise and these days with Facebook and texting and emails, it's so hard to keep these kinds of surprises a secret.  My parents told no one {not even my brother which was basically torture for them} in order to pull it off.  It was just so perfect and exciting, the way it all unfolded outside of my bedroom window last night, I still can't believe I never caught on to the subtle clues that now seem so obvious.  Anyway, until next wednesday, I have a partner in crime to do all those wonderful little things that my kids find completely boring.  Like tomorrow... 21 covered bridges in Washington, PA!!!  What could be better than driving through all of them, because I just don't know!  And you can bet your sweet bippy {omg, did I really just say bippy?} that you will have at least 21 different photos of covered bridges to come back and look at right here!  Ohhhh great!  That's neat, Misty.  Sounds swell.  I'll have you know that I can totally sense your enthusiasm for scenic covered bridge pictures.

P.S.  I am on The Facebook!  And Instagram!  Click on the links on my blog page - on the right!  And let me know if you're on there too!  I need some new friends to follow!


-------------------------------------------------------
***I like shopping for clothes.  It's a weakness.  But I also like hanging out in sweats and pajamas.  Posting my outfits helps me keep my budget in balance while also keeping my cute stuff from going to waste.  Plus I'm just a big girly-girl who likes to play dress-up.  Every wednesday I link up with The Pleated Poppy and on fridays, with Two Thirty-five Designs.  Click on the cute boxes below to see what I'm talking about!

pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. Love your boots. All your outfits are fabulous!

    Visiting from Pleated Poppy...
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those boots! and all of your dresses are beautiful!! what great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I secretly dream of owning your wardrobe, no lie.

    Have a great week with your mom - what a fabulous surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Anthro dress is amazing! I love the boho vibe!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww so awesome! Happy for you! I'm obxNicole on instagram & twitter! www.adventuresofthelilchef.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...