Tuesday, September 25, 2012

what i've been wearing.

Ann Taylor cardigan, Gap stripes, Loft denim, Born boots
 Keeping warm in J Crew stripes and chambray tops, Old Navy skinnies, Born boots
 Freezing my legs off in J Crew sweater, Loft shorts, Payless sandals
Framing photos in Loft sweater, ModBod tank, MEK jeans, Dansko sandals
Loft stripes, Banana Republic blazer, Loft denim trousers, Franco Sarto boots


Painting.  That's the story of my life right now.  And I love it!  Tomorrow I'll be finished with the eldest daughter's bedroom and then.... I just don't know what!  Perhaps I shall get started on painting my own bedroom.  Oooh, I like that idea.  But maybe first I'll take some time to decorate for Halloween, gander at the changing leaves, and cozy up with some hot cocoa and Honey Boo Boo {don't judge}.  Pittsburgh's summer is officially dead and buried and I think I definitely need to take some time to switch out my closet this week.  Goodbye shorts and sandals!  I'll miss you!  But hello, hot cocoa!

Two things going on in our house these days:
  1. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
  2. Dance Moms
We have become TLC junkies suddenly.  In my defense though, Dance Moms is filmed in Pittsburgh, so I feel like we're supporting our local citizens.  *pshaw, right.  And I really have no excuse for Honey Boo Boo except that I'm calling it research into other cultures.  Who am I trying to kid?  



-------------------------------------------------------
***I like shopping for clothes.  It's a weakness.  But I also like hanging out in sweats and pajamas.  Posting my outfits helps me keep my budget in balance while also keeping my cute stuff from going to waste.  Plus I'm just a big girly-girl who likes to play dress-up.  Every wednesday I link up with The Pleated Poppy and on fridays, with Two Thirty-five Designs.  Click on the cute boxes below to see what I'm talking about!

pleated poppy

23 comments:

  1. You are absolutely adorable. I have officially just fallen in love with all your outfits!!

    I'm also a TLC junkie...guilty pleasure station for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Born makes the most comfortable shoes ever, and Old Navy's skinnies permitted they are not the 98% cotton kind, are worth every penny.

    Love the blog design here! It's easy on the eyes...

    :)
    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in! And I guess I'm learning the hard way about Old Navy skinnies. :( I don't typically shop there because the quality is blek, but the pants were on sale for 19 bucks, so I thought I'd give it a shot. We shall see. I am keeping them out of the dryer!!!

      Delete
  3. I like all of your outfits! Love the stripes and who would have thought mustard skinnies would have been so darn cute!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! And your outfits are too! I love them all. You are the second one I have seen today with a large heart on their shirt (two totally different shirts, though)...I think I missed a memo somewhere!

    Have a great day!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess great big hearts are all the rage these days! Or just a couple of us are crazy. :P

      Delete
  5. Your outfits are all so adorable. I love your boots and the heart top in the third picture. You are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these outfits! You crack me up about TLC, don't tell anyone but I have watched Honey Boo BOO a time or too...it's like a car wreck , you can't help but keep your eyes glued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is like a car wreck! I laugh lots and worry a bunch for that Honey Boo Boo family - especially the mom's physical ailments.
      Thanks for finding me!!

      Delete
  7. I love your outfits!! LOVE the yellow pants and the heart sweater! I miss cable and TLC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sitting here watching boo boo right now! The first outfit is my favorite!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very stylish Misty...I miss u...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all your cute outfits, but the first two are my favs!! can't go wrong with stripes and bright skinnies :) and i just bought those born boots, love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, bright yellow was made for you! You look SO good in it and those first two outfits are killer!
    I like the angle of the downward shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Outfits! Love how you have paired everything and the whole Honey Boo Boo... I consider it a terrible accident that I can't look away from... it's just too much! www.throughtheeyesofthemrs.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely! Love all the outfits. I'm especially loving the sparkly LOFT sweater. I want one but I know it's too late to get one. There's always eBay though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving your style. Yellow/Mustard is one of my favorite colors. And you are doing something I need to do also, framing photos. I can't even tell you how many empty frames I have lying around and hanging on the walls! I thought hanging them up would push me to put photos in them. Didn't work. I found your blog over at The Pleated Poppy's WIWW and have found many inspirations on your blog. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. I am now your newest follower stop by my blog and we can be friends.
    http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

    xx
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the outfits, but especially the top one and the one with the Loft sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your stripes this week! I'm thinking I need to infuse more stripes into my wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your sense of style. I also love painting, but usually start painting to many things and get overwhelmed. I love Honey Boo Boo, You better Redneckanize (not sure if it's spelled correctly) my friends and I get together to watch it.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the first two looks. Stripes & boots in the fall are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your outfits. I wore almost the exact same cardi and striped shirt this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...