Monday, October 22, 2012

last week's life lessons.

I am constantly learning.  And mostly the hard way.  It's always been that way.  Sometimes, it's a good thing and sometimes it's not so easy, but it's my life and I've come to accept it {and thank sweet baby Jesus that the older I get, the wiser I have become, thus equaling less stupid choices}.  If there is one positive thing I have gained from my {shall we say} learning-ous ways, it is a sense of humor.  After flipping out immediately after a 'bump' in life, I am able to calm down, learn from it, and laugh.  I find humor in the errors.  And just so we're clear on this, learning isn't always easy for me.  I just want to reiterate that I do freak out very first thing.  And then I learn.  And then I laugh.  I'm only human.  So, here are a few of the many things I learned last week...

  • It is quite possible to break the cute little toe that is completely sandwiched by two other toes, if you kick it just right against the outer corner of the wall.  And it is also quite possible to do this without uttering one single curse word.  And it is also quite possible that not uttering one single curse word was my first time ever.



  • Sometimes a last-minute, poorly-planned, spontaneous trip to the zoo {on the second-to-last weekend before Halloween} can mean a looooooong drive into unchartered territory, only to be met with the most traffic ever witnessed in a zoo parking lot, which in turn means no thank you, we'll do this another day when every good parent and their cute costumed child aren't hogging up the whole park.  What a zoo!  





  • Sometimes your kid will take the time to make you something very cute.  And it feels awesome.



  • Even though it looks dreadfully painful {because it is dreadfully painful}, there comes a point when you're just going to have to suck it up and remove every little thing from that boy's dresser so you can dust.



  • Mondays are rough every single time sometimes, but you can get up and get those kids ready, breakfasts served, and lunches made.  And then you can do whatever you want, which is often the hardest part.  Still learning on this one, folks.  What does Misty want to do?




  • However alone I feel in life, all I have to do is turn around to find somebody who loves me {or who is creepy-stalking me}.  We actually rescued this cat from a parking garage and turned it's sad little life around.  And in turn, she made our lives better too.  Cats, people.  It's where it's at.   


What did you learn last week?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...