Tuesday, October 16, 2012

what i've been wearing.

Anthropologie sweater, Loft jeans, American Eagle booties


J Crew sweater, Costco vest, Nordstrom jeans, Born boors


 Ann Taylor cardigan, Nordstrom top, Loft jeans, American Eagle booties {again, I know}

Hello friends!  Guess what?  I cleaned out my closet tonight {after copying Husband's idea to clean out his}.  Exciting stuff, I know.  But I got this idea that I while I am in the practice of copying other people's awesome ideas, I would also copy the idea of hawking my own gently used clothing online.  The plan is fresh from the oven, so all I have done so far is gather items into a bag.  But I shall be photographing them one-by-one and listing them very soon {because once I get an idea in my head, there is no stopping until I am done}.  So, if you are of a size smallish {2's & 4's} and you like cute stuff from Gap, Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Loft, etc., you might wanna check back here soon!  Or follow me!  Or add me to your reader!  No pressure.  :)

--------------------------------------

It's so easy to wear the same comfy clothes over and over again, isn't it?  There's nothing cozier than a soft pair of sweats.  And black yoga pants with ballet flats?... that's considered fashionable, right?  There was a time {not too long ago} when I would go clothes shopping while wearing work-out gear, and I wasn't even working out {unless you count running three kids around, which might actually count in my book}.  It was kinda crazy, to purchase all of those cute outfits, only to end up wearing yoga pants and Uggs.  And talk about a waste of money too.  But back then {and even now as a stay-at-home mom + living in a new city where nobody knows me} I felt like I needed a reason to dress up and I just didn't have a good reason to put in the extra effort.   What I've learned though, is that I am reason enough.  It's okay to look cute, even at home or at the grocery store or at the kids' activities.  There are some days that it's perfectly acceptable to roam around in loungewear, don't get me wrong.  But most days, that's not me.  And so to keep me from the rut of wearing sweats, I post a few outfits from my week.  And I link to the sites below, so that I am extra-motivated.  Good plan, right?

pleated poppy

17 comments:

  1. I am a new reader and have really been enjoying this large new world of blogging. I love your style! I enjoy the outfit posts so much as it helps me pair together items that maybe I wouldn't think to rock! Keep up the great work! This journey you have brought your readers on is inspiring in many ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'm so happy you have found the blogging world! It has been such a great experience for me, keeping a journal of this time in our lives. :)

      Delete
  2. cute blog! Loving the first outfit :)

    annalizbeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just go ahead and buy everything? ;-) you have such cute clothes!!! Can't wait to see what you're selling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about your Closet Sale! I love your clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your outfits, but I'm obsessing over those first two sweaters!

    xo Niki
    http://www.glossyblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's still a little warm for sweaters, but I'm sucking it up in the name of looking cute. :)

      Delete
  6. Love them! I love the looks and I'm so excited to have found you via wiww.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your outfits are all so cute! I LOVE that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the first look! were those booties a recent purchase? they are so cute!

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought these booties a few weeks ago, online at American Eagle Outfitter! I love them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Very cute style! I love that first sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I love your outfits! Super cute! Those booties are adorable, too! :) And I just recently did some cleaning out of my closet, too, and agree with everything you said. "I am reason enough." <- I LOVE that!!! Amen, sister! Excited to see what you'll be listing!! I'm your newest follower! Check out my blog sometime :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...