Monday, November 12, 2012

let's get motivated!





I don't know about you but I've been really mopey for the last few weeks.  It seems to happen every year like clockwork, when it gets dark earlier and it's cold outside.  I become a beast who wants to stuff my face and then hibernate for the winter.  But I never like feeling that way.  Don't get me wrong, I love a nice, cozy nap in front of the fireplace, but I don't want to feel like I need a nap twenty-four-seven.  The lethargic feeling has got to go!  I want some energy, so that I can go out and spread some positive vibes and explore and experience and give in this world, once again.  Plus I have managed to gain 5 pounds on top of the 5 pounds I already wanted to lose {why is weight so easy to gain and so hard to lose???}. So, today I am starting to do something about it!  I took the first step{s} and put on my running shoes and headed out the door!  I walked for one whole hour in this most hilly neighborhood and now I feel great!  I'm going to find a way to stay motivated and active, no matter the pain!  If I can do this, anyone can do this!!!

I might need your help on this one, friends...
I'm looking for workout video suggestions.  Like aerobics.  With cool music, preferably.  Who are the cool kids moving and grooving to these days?

Thanks, kids!

4 comments:

  1. If you want to see results...fast.. try Jillian Micheal's "30 day Shred"...the music is not great...and it is hard but the workouts only take 27 minutes and you won't believe how quickly you will see a difference. I am also a fan of the "couch to 5k" running program. I really don't love exercising but I know it's a must do...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment came at the perfect time today! I was just walking out of Walmart, checking my email and reading your comment and I turned right around and went back inside the store to buy the 30 Day Shred! So, thank you!!! I will start tomorrow! I'm also going to check out the Couch to 5k. :)

      Delete
  2. The best ever for fun and music hands down is Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire!! I go back to it again and again and it never feels like a workout. I even won a Turbo Jam contest and Chalene came to my house! It was the best. Recently Beachbody had Turbo Fire on sale for $53, normally $120.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lady, you must try the Tracy Anderson Method. So good...a dance/aerobic workout if you will, that is so effective! Honestly, youtube her and check out her website while you're at it. Before I was pregnant, I did her workouts every morning and felt so energized. Loved the music, but most of all, she's not at all peppy or overly annoying (in my opinion). That's key for me...as I often just turn down any workout I have and find my own music for the background.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...