Wednesday, November 14, 2012

so i'm really not a 90's wallpaper fanatic after all. weird.


It's been over two months, since I first updated this bathroom, but I decided rather spontaneously that the lighthouse wallpaper border had to go -like-right-now.  I don't even know why I didn't remove it in the first place.  I guess there was still a little bit of 90's nostalgia left in this girl or something.  But it left!  And it took that border with it!  This bathroom is so much fresher and updated now, don't you think?



Below is a look at the bathroom during our home inspection {before we moved in}.  Why did I even consider leaving the wallpaper?  What the?...


Next is my first update.  It's not too terribly bad, but... oh, who am I kidding?  It's bad....


And then the after after.  Clean and simple is awfully nice sometimes...


-----------------------------------------

Oh my goodness, guys.  Right after I finished this bathroom, I got started ripping down wallpaper in the downstairs bathroom and for a small box of a room, it's going to be quite the project; floor-to-ceiling wallpaper and I discovered there is mold underneath.  So gross.  Plus it looks like there was some prior work done with re-sheet-rocking, but rather than spray texture and finish things up with paint, they put up the wallpaper.  Can we say fun times???  But, as with all of my home improvement projects, I always think I am going to die of hard work and monotony, but I actually LOVE doing this stuff!  And the end result is always worth the torture and pain!  I guess.  :)


4 comments:

  1. you amaze me girl with the remodel stuff. I wouldn't know the first thing to do - I leave that all to the husband - and we're 10 years and running on the remodel!! acckkkkk. Love the new header- how did ya do that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I had to wait for Mr. Husband, I'd be waiting forever because he's so busy. So, I have to be the man sometimes. :) Except for killing spiders - that's ALL him!
      The new header is kinda spiffy, eh? It took some playing around to get it figured out and lined up just right. Husband thought I should do something crossword-ish and so I came up with this. The header actually just has the "Across &" and the "Down" is in a separate sidebar gadget. Tricky stuff! It fried my brain. :P

      Delete
  2. wow! i really like this transformation! what color of paint did you use? love, love it!!

    dropping by from make it pretty, come and visit me back at http://homefor4sweethome.blogspot.com/

    huggies***
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a transformation! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...