Saturday, November 10, 2012

thanksgiving tablescape.


I still have two weeks until Thanksgiving, but I've been looking through magazines and Pinterest again, and well... there are some things that just can't wait sometimes.  Today I decided to mess around with the dining room table and I am really liking what I came up with.  It's a little bit Thanksgiving and a little bit Christmas, which is super awesome because I really want to bring a Christmas tree into this room for Turkey Day and now I have an excuse!  Don't you think this room could use a little greenery with twinkly lights to make it even more special?  Of course you do.  What's even better about what I've done here, is that I've used what I have around the house.  I borrowed the owl and berry wreath from the living room, the small winter dishes were a gift, we've had the burlap placemats and china, and we made the yarn votive holders and red leaf garland last night.



I love owls so much, I'll figure out how to use them for any holiday!




We used tacky glue on small votive holders to wrap them with thick, wool yarn.  I love the hearts!  And they give off a nice, warm glow.  Cozy, right?




I found these much cheaper Anthropologie knock-off twig pencils at TJ Maxx and think they are perfect for writing our "thankfuls" during Thanksgiving dinner.


I cut a long piece of tulle to add underneath the leaf garland, just to add to the texture.  I also tied tulle bows onto the end chairs.  Cute but subtle.




Now I just need to roast a turkey and stuff!
No big deal.


DIY Show Off

11 comments:

  1. You know you are making some of us look bad here! By the way. You and Travis are the same. His class mascot is an owl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is gorgeous! I haven't given a single thought to making mine look pretty. It's only supposed to seat 4, but I think we're going to try and squeeze in 5 or 6 (eek). Not sure if there's even room for a centerpiece. LOVE the owls (of course)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up until we bought this large table just a couple months ago, we have always squeezed our family of 5 {and often a guest} around our table meant for four. We still gather around that small table because we actually enjoy it more! It's cozy and comfortable and I'm sure you'll find the same on Thanksgiving, gathered around your table. :)
      Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Seriously Misty, your table is beautiful! I thought it was a magazine picture until I started reading. You did a fabulous job and like always you are more than welcome to decorate my place anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is so cute. Very warm....the red is rich and warm. The owl makes a great centerpiece too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owls are fantastic! Beautiful table. Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to link up with you!

      Delete
  6. I love those owls, they are amazing! I have a real thing for shiny white ornaments. The table looks absolutely lovely too, really fresh. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...