Tuesday, November 13, 2012

what i've been wearing.

 Being silly in Nordstrom Rack faux scarf, Loft stripes, Target ankle pants, old JCP flats

---------------------------------------

 Loft sweater, Old Navy skinnies, American Eagle booties, old scarf

-----------------------------------------

Cleaning house in J Crew denim top, Gap scarf, Target dots, Anthropologie boots

--------------------------------------

 Loft jacket & jeans, Anthropologie top, J Crew necklace, American Eagle booties

Note to Self:

Autumn in Pittsburgh is so not autumn in Spokane.  Spokane is covered in 3 inches of snow currently, while I enjoyed a lovely morning walk in the 60 degree Pittsburgh sunshine this morning.  It was glorious.  Spokane's Fall typically lasts 3 days - the leaves change color in two days, and a cold frost happens on the third, causing the leaves to fall from the branches in one fowl swoop.  From that point on, it's all of 20 degrees and snow until March.  And while that's fun in it's own way {making snowmen, gazing out the window at the white wonderland, sledding, snow blowing, shoveling, scraping car windows, etc}, it's simply no fun for getting dressed.  Getting dressed in Spokane's autumn is more about survival than looking cute.  But in Pittsburgh... my clothes have never been so much fun!  And everyday the weather is different, so I really get to experiment {without having to worry about shoveling snow quite yet}.  I know we will get a full blown winter here, but it sure is nice to experience a full blown autumn too!

-----------------------------------------------

I blog a few of my outfits each week as a way to keep me motivated and out of my pajamas {i just love pj's, don't you?}.  You probably won't see me in heels much, as although I enjoy looking shnazzy, I am completely practical and selfishly adamant about comfort.  I dress for my life, which is all about taking care of my family and our home.  Because I am a SAHM, it's easy to feel like I have no one to dress up for, but I try to remind myself that I am reason enough to put in the extra effort.  Plus, clothes are just so darn fun, aren't they?  Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I link my outfit posts to the blogs below....  you should give them a look-see!

pleated poppy
Purple Kale

14 comments:

  1. Umm...can I steal your wardrobe?

    Just saying, cause it's pretty amazing.

    I think I've said that already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinking cute. Adore the polkadot pants!
    p.s. I'm jealous of your 60 degree days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of my 60 degree days too! Cuz they're gone. :( Booooooooo!

      Delete
  3. You always look great- love all the looks. I wanted those Target dot skinnies to fit me but they just DON'T. So cute on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried them too!!! I looked like an upside-down triangle. Oh well... :)

      Delete
    2. Oh girls, you should know that what is going on underneath that long shirt is NOT pretty! Muffin top city! No, muffin top country! But I desperately wanted the pants to fit, so I gave up breathing for a day. :)

      Delete
  4. Love your outfits! Your weather sounds amazing! I'm in Western WA and though it's not as cold or snowy as Spokane, it's still no fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every one of these looks!

    I almost got those polka dot pants, but I was between sizes. One size was too small, the next size up too big. It was a sad day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a sad day. :( And my experience probably should have gone the same way, but I decided to SQUEEZE into a pair. And squeeze I did! It's all ugly underneath that long shirt! LOL

      Delete
  6. I love your colorful and polka-dot pants! I need to get myself some polka dot jeans or leggins--I admire them on so many people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love polka dots. I have to admit that I felt a little silly wearing mine at first, but then I got over it. :)

      Delete
  7. I love all these outfits but the last one is my favorite! So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the outfits and the pictures!!!

    Greetings from Belgium!
    Katrien.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo, someone posted the picture of you in the gray polka dot jeans and FIERCE boots on Go Chic Or Go Home and I was all "hey! That's my friend Misty" and the poster was all like "tell Misty I want her boots" and I was all "get in line sister". So, um, yeah. Just thought you should know there was a line for your boot cast offs and I am in the front of it.

    Xo,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...