Tuesday, November 20, 2012

what i've been wearing.

Anthro blazer, MNG top from JCP, Old Navy cords, American Eagle Outfitter booties

-------------------------------------

 Loft cardigan, Nordstrom skinnies, Anthropologie scarf & boots
my big face.  you're welcome.

----------------------------------------------

 Aerie scarf, Anthro military jacket, J Crew stripes, Old Navy cords, Steve Madden boots

--------------------------------------

Anthro pants, Gap sweater, Banana R. necklace, Steve Madden shoes from TJ Maxx
my white legs.  you're welcome again.

Okay, so yeah - if we're being honest, I'm wearing the same pants twice in one week, but the fact that I wore cropped pants one day {baring my white vampire legs for all the world to see} pretty much makes up for any lack of creativity.  I was still totally daring, wasn't I?  And a little chilly, you can be sure.  And how about all that faux fur I've got going on around my neck?  I'm addicted to the stuff!  It's so fluffy, I'm going to die!!!!

Which reminds me...


As always, you're welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------

It's so easy to wear the same comfy clothes over and over again, isn't it?  There's nothing cozier than a soft pair of sweats.  And black yoga pants with ballet flats?... that's considered fashionable, right?  There was a time {not too long ago} when I would go clothes shopping while wearing work-out gear, and I wasn't even working out {unless you count running three kids around, which might actually count in my book}.  It was kinda crazy, to purchase all of those cute outfits, only to end up wearing yoga pants and Uggs.  And talk about a waste of money too.  But back then {and even now as a stay-at-home mom + living in a new city where nobody knows me} I felt like I needed a reason to dress up and I just didn't have a good reason to put in the extra effort.   What I've learned though, is that I am reason enough.  It's okay to look cute, even at home or at the grocery store or at the kids' activities.  There are some days that it's perfectly acceptable to roam around in loungewear, don't get me wrong.  But most days, that's not me.  And so to keep me from the rut of wearing sweats, I post a few outfits from my week.  And I link to the sites below, so that I am extra-motivated.  Good plan, right?

pleated poppy
Purple Kale

6 comments:

  1. I think that's a great reason! Just makes me feel better to be up and dressed! I love your fur. Almost bought something the other day but wasn't brave enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boots are fantastic! And yes I love your theory "YOU" are reason enough to look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first outfit! Esp. the jacket!

    Dropping in from WIWW!
    Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy
    http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com/2012/11/what-i-wore-wednesday-11-21-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your outfits! ANd really love those shoes with the cropped pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to tell you how much I love your blog - your outfits are adorable and I love that you aren't taking it too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally own that Anthro blazer!! Mine looks huge on me compared to how yours fits. Hmmmm. Now I have to drag that out and see what else I can do with it. I always wear orange with it, but I like your neutral!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...