Sunday, December 23, 2012

a chilly visit to the 9 11 memorial.


















The last thing I ever want to do is complain at a memorial, especially one so absolutely meaningful, but it was beyond freezing cold.  We were hurting.  But my kids are troopers and I'm proud of them for sucking it up and sticking it out.  We did so much walking in the cold while we were in NYC, but they marched onward and made the most of it.  Our frigid visit to the memorial was just one example.  We were only able to spend a short time visiting the pools and looking over the names, but it was an amazing sight to take in.  I couldn't shake trying to imagine what it would be like to stand there, looking up, and watching a plane crash into a building overhead.  I tried to imagine the fallen buildings, the chaos, the wreckage and the heroes.  It is still so hard to believe that really happened.  But we must.

Nothing beats a cold walk back to the subway than a Starbuck's hot cocoa.  And I also would like to add that without my husband, I would never be able to find my way around a subway station.  I don't know how that guy catches on so quickly, but he does!  I'm still trying to find my way around Pittsburgh and I'm afraid there's just not enough room in my teeny-tiny brain for learning more than one city at a time.  :)






1 comment:

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...