Friday, December 7, 2012

a fancy shmancy candlelight dinner and 7th post ever link-up.




















According to our advent {activity} calendar, last night was "Candlelight Dinner Night" and I don't know why we don't partake in that awesomeness more often.  It was divine.  Good conversation, good food, and completely relaxing.  If it wasn't for dishes, I could have taken a nap right after we ate.
Oh dishes.  Always spoiling all the fun.


---------------------------------------------------


If you're still game, I'd love for you to link up your lucky-number-seven-of-a-post!  My number seven takes place when Husband is getting ready to work in the Northeast, while I remain with the kids in Spokane.  It was a stressful time, as I recall.  At that time I was knee-deep in college classes and work {both being huge commitments} while trying to keep my three kids dressed, fed, and alive.  My biggest fear at that time was getting a call to pick up my kids from school while I was in class or taking a test or something important, because with Husband out of town, it meant I was the only one to handle those situations.  And my college campus was 30 minutes away.  Fortunately it all worked out and they stayed healthy during important times and got sick during more convenient times {is it ever convenient to get sick?}. Anyway, back to the post - it also covers all of the little McGuyver-ish products Husband bought for living out of a suitcase, which now seems a little silly.  But, you never know, or I should say we never know.  Maybe he really did need special underwear that could be washed in a hotel sink and dry by the next day.  :)  You can read all about that crazy stuff here.

And now I'd love to read what you've got...  As always, thanks for linking up!  I have truly not had a better blogging experience then getting to know you all like this!  


4 comments:

  1. Oh, old posts, how terrible your photography is (at least, in my case anyway) that dinner looks amazing. I love candles. I'm going to have to try that for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the cool candle in your post? Looks fun, i'm gonna do it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used glue to wrap wool yard around candle votive holders and then my daughter decided to make a heart. :) It's cheap and pretty.

      Delete
  3. Such a great idea. I am so doing this. Our advent is full of candy and toys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...