Tuesday, December 18, 2012

basement bathroom makeover.

I've been talking about finishing the basement bathroom for quite some time now, but just couldn't seem to get myself motivated.  This room is a small box of a space in the corner of the basement and was wrapped entirely in wallpaper {complete with a Mallard duck border up top} and it was just as painful to rip down as I had imagined.   But I did it!!!!!  And I like it!  I gave it more of a beachy theme because that's what this color of blue reminds me of.






















































And now for the before and after shots!  I can't believe I didn't get the Mallards in the "before shot" but you'll just have to trust me - they were there.  And the lovely brown trim, that was on the back of the door too.  Fortunately, the tile floor is a keeper and the appliances are great too.  This is only the basement, after all.  :)

Before....


 And after!!!!!


Wreath: Target
Framed beach photos: IKEA $9.99
Bowl & framed painting: Home Goods $4.99 & $16.99
Towel & tp racks: Martha Stewart from Home Depot


4 comments:

  1. Please come to my house and redo my bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Misty, What a transformation. The blue you have used reminds me of Mediterranean skies....perfect. I love the wreath, did you make it yourself? Have a lovely evening. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful job on that bathroom. Love the colour, and also the artwork on the wall. I would really love to do that subway art. Love the sayings.
    Thanks for sharing. Just made it your 100th follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! Love the wall color. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...