Monday, December 17, 2012

cookie making.
















































It's not until you go to make something that you realize what ingredients you're missing, am I right?  And since we moved across the darn country, I have a pretty good excuse why I am missing corn starch from my cupboards.  Fortunately for me, the Internet offered a simple icing recipe with the things I do already have in my possession.  If you find yourself in the same predicament, here's the recipe:

1 cup powdered sugar
1.5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
food coloring






















































While the boys are away, the girls make cookies!  The males of the family headed up to Toronto this weekend to watch the Seahawks brutally beat the Bills.  I stayed home with the ladies and tried to get stuff done around the house {I am almost finished with the basement bathroom!!!}.  I also watched poor McKenna get increasingly more sick as the weekend wore on, poor girl.  When that girl gets a cough, it's all over.  She's been a horrible cougher since birth and it still breaks my heart to watch her even as she gets older.  Needless to say, she's staying home from school and we'll both be catching up on our sleep.  No complaints here though.  I have my little girl, sickness and all.  I'm feeling blessed these days.  I only wish everyone could feel this way.  I've actually removed my Facebook app. from my phone in an attempt to take a break from the sadness in the world right now.  My eldest daughter did it first and it inspired me.  With all of the constant updates {and as addicted as I am to checking Facebook}, it was getting to be too much.  Too much sadness, too much controversy over gun laws, too much bad news.  I wish people could get riled up and inspired to do things without being mean.  Technology is nice when you need it, but sometimes it is a real time-suck and these days, a spirit-suck as well.  Geez, listen to me.  Heavy, dude.


Show me whatcha got for your 17th post!  We are almost done here, folks!  And I'm going to need a vacation when we're done.  :)  My 17th post tells the tale of Husband paying us a surprise visit by flying home early {although I'm sure it had more to do with the Super Bowl than seeing us}.  

Let's see yours!


1 comment:

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...