Saturday, December 29, 2012

moms can sled too.












Thanks to my wonderful brudder for taking these awesome shots with his fancy camera!
It's nice sometimes, to not be the one holding the camera, so I can show you that I'm actually an active participant in the fun stuff we do.  I'm not just sitting on the sidelines, no way!  

----------------------------------------------

I'm currently sitting in the family room of my rather suddenly, quite empty house.  It's just me, Jackson & McKenna left in here.  Yesterday, Elyssa and her friend flew back over to the other side of the states {Elyssa won't be back for two weeks}.  Early this Saturday morning, after snow-blowing the driveway at an unholy hour of which the neighbors most likely cringed with disdain and shook their fists angrily toward our abode, Husband headed to the airport: destination Kentucky.  Kentucky, you ask?  Yes, Kentucky.  For he found a car for purchase on ebay, which doth meet his needs, for a really good price.    And can you believe Kentucky is only like a 6.5 hour drive from Pittsburgh?  My brain hasn't really caught on to how many places are so close to me now.  It'll catch up soon, I hope.  Back to the main idea of this paragraph though; the people who leave me.  Next up, the awesome foursome {I just made that up - clever I know}, my parents, my brother and his Carleigh all left for the airport just one hour ago.  They arrived Christmas Eve, so they have had plenty of time to see how we're living it up in this Pennsylvania place.  They were even able to enjoy some Pittsburgh snow throughout their lil visit!

So, how did we all survive THE TEN OF US - all in one house for 5 whole days?  Because that's honestly a lot of people, isn't it... to feed, to sleep, to plan, to get around, to simply hang out?  Well, I'd say we did pretty darn good.  With ten people, of course, their will be the uncomfortable things to endure - like cold showers, air mattresses for beds, the ever-meowing damn cat that somebody feels sorry for and lets into the house at 7am, and also the feeling of oh-my-god-i-have-to-feed-all-of-these-poeple-again that happens every four hours. But, as any philosopher would tell you, it's the uncomfortable times that allow us to really appreciate the comforts.  And when this big crew is having a good time, it's usually a GREAT, HILARIOUS, OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD AND FUN TIME.  Boy, do we know how to laugh!  So to pass much of the time, we cooked {which always leads to cleaning}, we played games, we watched tv with the fire going, we played in the snow, we went out to eat, we went shopping, we saw a movie, and we made our traditional family video.  Also very helpful, my parents had rented a car, which allowed them to break off and venture out into Pittsburgh to see the sights, while others did their own thing.  It was a phenomenal thing.  While they did exciting things out and about, I was able to do exciting things like laundry.  

All families have their crapola.  They just do.  But our crapola is so small {it's like deer turds compared to some of the moose crap other families are faced with}.  When I take pictures and everyone is smiling or when we are putting together our dance video, and it looks all ideal and fun and like the people in the pictures like each other, it's all real.  We do like each other.  We do enjoy each other.  We are not perfect.  We know that.  But we are real.  We're family.  I love these people for all of their quirks and ticks and imperfections just as much as they love me for mine {because boy do I have them}.  And I'm so happy and thankful that they left the comforts of their homes and routines to come be with us this week.  

I love you guys {you know who you are}!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gooodness what camera do you have, and what lense is this, I am lovvvvin those shots! Gorgeous! I am soo jealous of all your snowy posts! I'll trade with you for a week in the sun in Chilly weather;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to trade for a week of warmth! I'll share my snow! My brother took these photos with his fancy Nikon SLR, but the rounded effect is from a fisheye lens, which you can find for any camera. I even found one on thinkgeek.com for my iPhone.
      Happy New Year!!!
      Misty

      Delete
  2. I'd love to trade for a week of warmth! I'll share my snow! My brother took these photos with his fancy Nikon SLR, but the rounded effect is from a fisheye lens, which you can find for any camera. I even found one on thinkgeek.com for my iPhone.
    Happy New Year!!!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...