Friday, December 14, 2012

some fudge, a letter to my kids, and a 14th post link-up.






















Tonight we made fudge!  Yum!!!
Tonight the kids were also sure they caught on to my evil plot: planning activities for the sole purpose of providing blog fodder.  Why do I have to have such smart offspring?  I can't get away with anything {big LOL}.  So tonight, I dedicate this post to them - my little exploits.

Dearest offspring,

I know you think you are so keen, catching on to my sinister plan to take over the world orchestrate activities and experiences only for the sake of "the blog," but I promise you that YOU are the reason I blog in the first place.  This blog is about our family {and sometimes the clothes I wear - weird, I know}.  It's where I collect memories so that we can always look back and see how far we've come and how much we've grown.  It's also where faraway family and friends can peek in on us and see what we're up to, a small way to keep in touch.  It's also where complete strangers can find inspiration from the total awesomeness that is our family.  Just maybe, by looking at photos of the three of you making fudge in the kitchen, a parent will be encouraged to make something with their children.  Or perhaps, by looking at a picture of the three of you together laughing and smiling, a parent will catch a glimpse of how terrific it can be even when their children are teenagers {which can seem terrifying to a parent of young children}.  

The truth is, I find so much joy in being your mom.  I wish I could remember it all, every single second.  I wish I had a running record from when you were little, tiny babies, but I don't.  The Internet just isn't that old.  But I do have right now and I'll take what I can get.  I want to remember these moments, even the small ones.  And yes, "the blog" helps motivate me sometimes.  It gets me thinking and creating and coming up with new ideas for all of us to try.  But I never suggest we do something because it "would be so awesome on the blog."  Of course, yes, it would be so awesome on the blog, but that's not why we do things.  We do things because I simply want to do things with you.  And I also want to bring my camera and take as many photos as possible.  :)

Just as I've always promised, nothing goes on the blog that you don't want on here.  I'm not out to embarrass you.  Sometimes I enjoy embarrassing myself with silly photos, but never you.  This is a place where we remember the good.  The fun.  The joy.  The love.  And I respect your privacy always.  I love you guys and I thank you for kindly allowing me to put your face on the interwebs so I can show the people that being a mom is the best thing ever.

Mom



-----------------------------------------------------------

Howdy strangers!  Although, it's weird calling some of you strangers because I've been reading your first posts 1 thru 13 and I feel like I'm getting to know you better.  Howdy friends!  That's better.  Let's go ahead and link up our numero 14!  And that means 10 more days until Christmas Eve!  Holy wow!  My 14th post is all about Husband and his travels in the Northeast and packing WAY TOO MUCH stuff!  Let's read yours!




3 comments:

  1. my kids say the same thing..."are we doing this for your blog," i must admit since my blogging days I am a much funnier mom..Why is it that total strangers making comments about what I do makes me feel creative and happy, aren't my kids approval enough? Maybe I need therapy! Anywho....now I want some fudge! Hey I also wanted to tell you in case you did not know, that you can change your settings in your blogger profile to add your email address, that why when you leave a comment on someone else's blog, they can reply straight to you via email, verses replying back on there blog...does this make since? I have tried to comment back to your several times when you leave comments on my blog, but your setting are not set up to receive direct message. Maybe you have done this on purpose....but if not I just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I took a peek at my settings and it shows my email set up, but I can't figure out why I'm not getting comments. I know I have in the past, but I wonder what's changed??? Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete
  2. look under your blogger profile....it is your log on name at the upper right hand corner when you are logged on to blogger. then click Blogger Profile and see if it says Email under contact me. Then Check the email address of you do see it. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...