Thursday, January 3, 2013

bangs or no bangs, that is the question.


Dear You Guys,

It's time to talk hair.  I've got another one of those annoying itches to get bangs.  I absolutely hate when that happens.  I've had bangs loads of times, but have probably enjoyed bangs zero of times.  I do enjoy me some faux bangs, like when I sweep my hair to the side like this, which leads me to believe that if I were to get crazy and decide to try them out again I might actually like them this time.  I'm crazy right?  I mean, I can still remember distinctly what major heck it is to grow them out again.  Buuuuuutttttt.... what if they look cute this time for reals?

The thing is, I'm getting older and my forehead isn't getting any shorter or younger.  I lost a lot of hair during the move {like A LOT} so maybe bangs would add a little something-something?  Or maybe I could use some fringe to hide that ever-deepening crease above my brows, since I'm never EVER getting Botox injections {but you most certainly can if you want to}.  Bangs could be like kind of a faux botox and make me look young again, no?

But let's not forget about face shape, my dear friends.  My head is round, my face is round, it's all round and I think that's supposed to mean something.  So, what do I do?  Do I let these urges pass and stay the bang-less course?  Or do I make a major life-changing decision and do something drastic and possibly look fabulous, but more probably look like someone who shouldn't have cut her bangs?  And IF I do get them cut {geez I must be off my rocker}, then I'm probably thinking longer side-swept as opposed to Zooey Dechanel {even though she's super awesome}.  But what do you think?  It's totally okay to say NO, STOP, DON'T!  :)

So, there's this....



Or there's just me like I am....


Or this....
















Thanks so much for your sharing thoughts and experiences!



>>P.S.

A virtual Me as Kristen Wigg.




20 comments:

  1. Oh, I am such a big bangs fan. I say do it! In fact, when I grow these stubborn locks out...I plan on doing the same. When I get the guts ;) Good luck! Change is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change IS Fun! I agree!
      It's just the grow-out part that's a stinker. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about bangs too! I need my hair to grow a bit longer though. I think bangs would look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I could try some on first. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm, I say ask your hairstylist. When I go get my hair cut I go to a spa. I pay a lot, but I'm never unhappy. Unlike the usually cut-and-dry place, who does whatever you say, my hairstylist told me I could NOT have bangs because of my face shape and it would look very bad. I appreciate her honesty! So I would say ask your hairdresser :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes...good advice. We shall see!

      Delete
  4. Do it! The worst that can happen is you don't like it and you can still pin them back or to the side with a bobby pin, a twist, or a braid...plus it won't take that long to grow back out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know! Decisions! Thomas is voting no, but men don't really like change, so I'm not surprised. :)

      Delete
  5. Maybe try uploading a pic of how you once were with bangs? Look back at old pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I don't think I'm going to like what I see though. :) Dad, Jack and McKenna say no, but I haven't decided yet. It's not like it's forever, right? How annoying was it to grow your bangs out?

      Delete
  6. I say, "Go for it!" You're so beautiful and can always grow your hair out again. Don't tell anyone and make an appointment at a salon and just...SURPRISE us and your family. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Husband! Yes, I know it's you!!!

      Delete
  7. I actually love your hair the way it...I had "long" bangs cut a few years back and eventually decided I didn't like them and now I can't get these suckers to grow back out all the way! Don't get me wrong, I think you'd look super cute with bangs as well, but your hair is gorgeous right now too! =)
    Jenni
    www.foundinmycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you said something! Thank you sooooo much! I was just looking through my old photos when I have tried bangs and I look just awful. In fact, all of my haircuts until now have been really bad. So, if my hair finally looks good, why would I want to mess that up???
      Bless you for your honesty. :)

      Delete
  8. I just love your hair the way it is, but if you're thinking of a change, why not go all in. :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiTQvT0W_0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, my marital partner. :)

      Delete
  9. I think your hair is gorgeous just as it is! It sounds like you are still pretty unsure, so it's probably better to wait it out, rather than cut and regret. Take it from someone who has been growing out bangs forever!

    You'll look beautiful either way, though, so follow your instinct and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am jealous of your hair...very jealous...so i might not have an unbiased opinion...but i say do the bangs. keep them long enough so you can pin them back or grow them out if you decide you don't love them:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. DON'T DO IT! (From someone who's cut bangs and then spent years growing them out more times than I care to think about...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't do it!! Your hair is gorgeous the way it is and you'll just regret it!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...