Thursday, January 17, 2013

even though we begged her not to, she turned eleven anyway.



















Just a few shots to highlight McKenna's special day.  
I don't want to go overboard or anything. 

Presents started promptly at 6:45am and then it was time to kick the kids out of the house for school.   I sent McKenna to school with a crazy-decorated lunch bag, of course.  And according to the birthday girl, her bus driver led a chorus of Happy Birthday on the way home.  Pretty cool.  After a dinner of McKenna's choice, we finished the celebration with cake and ice cream and wish-making.

When asked what her favorite part of the day was:
"When I told Katie about my birthday present."

All McKenna really wanted for her birthday was a chance to see her best friend again and we are so happy to be able to provide her with that opportunity in the coming months.  She just has to hold on a little longer.  I wasn't in the room with her when she Skyped her best friend to share the exciting news, but her screaming could be heard throughout the house.  It's not easy, moving so far away from such a dear best friend and I cannot wait to see these two girls be reunited.  Remind me to pack some tissue.


8 comments:

  1. That looks like an awesome birthday--And her birthday present sounds like such a special one! Moving away from friends really is hard, but the rare visits are extra happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day for the birthday girl! My goal is to make their birthday's really special this year since they still don't have a lot of friends yet to have a splendid party. I want them to still feel celebrated and loved. :)

      Delete
  2. How CUTE!!!! wow. 11. I don't remember what I did on my 11th birthday :) Love that hairbrush. And what an amazing cake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a way cute hair brush! Walmart. Cheap. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Bday McKenna (girl with super cool name)!! She seems like a super fun kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mom you are. I love how much fun and life you bring to your family and how you make every occasion so special. I'm sure the day was super special for her. One she will never forget. Hats off to you mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you are so so sweet! Since we moved and the kids haven't quite made a lot of friends yet (they used to have so many), I want each to still feel celebrated and special on their day. Plus I just love streamers. :)

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...