Friday, January 11, 2013

have a thick and chunky weekend. or pureed and thin. you pick.










Mrs. Ree Drummond {The Pioneer Woman} would be so very proud of me {I just know it}, bringing her frontier salsa into my little piece of suburbia.  I don't really do things from scratch {why, when a boxed version is so much easier?}, but salsa is pretty basic and I thought it would be a perfect first recipe to try from Ree's newest cookbook.  I did everything the hard way; diced the garlic, chopped the onions, opened the cans of tomatoes {heehee}, and learned how to cut a jalapeƱo pepper.  I am completely patting myself on the back, just so you know.  Gold star sticker for this girl.  

I hope you don't mind if I share these cooking successes with you.  I really only have a handful of meals in my weekly rotation and there are simple things that I just don't know how to do in the kitchen. I feel like I'm not the only one out there who might be intimidated with food, so maybe if you see that I can do this, then you will feel like you can too.  Tomorrow the kids and I are going to make doughnuts {from scratch} for breakfast, using the recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  So, expect to see photos of that very soon too!

I do hope you have a lovely weekend!  My eldest daughter flies home tonight and I am very excited to hear about her adventures!  Tomorrow we have three basketball games!  And Sunday we plan to watch the Seattle Seahawks kick booty in Atlanta {sorry Atlanta fans}!

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. That is the BEST SALSA!!! Seriously. Nothing else compares. I seriously can't buy salsa from the store anymore, it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh-made salsa is the best! I've never made it myself, I usually just steal the salsa that my relatives make, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work Misty....can't wait to see those doughnuts

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...