Wednesday, January 30, 2013

home ec. is where it's at.

Jackson is learning to use the sewing machine at school and was having a bit of a tough time of it - the filling of the spool, the threading up+in+out+down+through the microscopic needle hole, the pressing of the pedal, the fabric placement, and the actual sewing - it's a lot to take in!  What he needed was some one-on-one with Mom and a lot of encouragement, which is what last night turned into.  And after a quick lesson {I didn't want to overwhelm the poor dude}, he was working that machine and experimenting on his own.  He's going to rock this part of Home Ec now!  No problem!




Little sister was on hand to observe and encourage her big brother.  She's already mastered that machine and loves to sew and create her own stuff.  I think she was also there to offer a little friendly competition too.   If his little sister can do it, Jackson can do it too.  Sibling rivalry can be a very big {sometimes annoying} motivator in this family!



Honestly, I didn't learn to use the sewing machine until just a few years ago.  I didn't have the patience for patterns.  But Husband knew how to sew.  And that was sexy.  So, I'm doing Jackson's future wife a favor here!
But let's not think about that right now.  I'm not quite ready for my kids to be all grown up.


3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that your husband knows how to sew. And now your son!! Your doing a good job, momma :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing machine=hard and complicated sometimes! I learn more each time I use it, and I've been sewing a little over 3 years now. My machine does not do that stitch that he is making! Mine only does straight and zigzag, its so old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning to use a sewing machine is both amazingly fun and amazingly frustrating, depending on what it's doing for me at the moment. As far as kids growing up....my little brother is turning 18 tomorrow and I'm not ready for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...