Sunday, January 20, 2013

joining the juicing craze.






Husband and I find ourselves drawn to documentaries about health and well-being - it's fascinating and inspirational, hearing about weight loss journeys and success stories.  Husband is a success story, himself.  He has not only lost weight, but has been able to keep it off, by choosing to eat better foods.  He eats only vegetables and proteins, except for one day a week where he eats whatever he wants {he calls it cheat day}.  He has been eating this way for almost two years now, so it has been more of a lifestyle change than just a fad diet and he has found success with it.  I wish so much that I could eat the same way that he chooses to, that I could enjoy cooked vegetables and forgo the pasta and breads, but I just have such a hard time with that.  I hate cooked vegetables.  I absolutely LOVE bread.  And so I need to find what works for my body - a way that will allow me to enjoy the foods I like {in moderation}, while also finding a way for me to get the vitamins I need for a healthier body.

Today we decided it was time to give juicing a try and we made a trip out to Costco to pick up a juicer {along with a boatload of fruits and veggies} because it's time for me to be a big girl and eat my vegetables.  We brought it home and gathered in the kitchen to give everyone a chance to create their own delicious concoction and much to everyone's surprise, our veggie drinks actually tasted good!  My raw asparagus + raw cucumber + apple + 2 strawberries = pretty darn good!  I can actually get vegetables into my body!!!  This is so HUGE!  This could really be awesome.

My goal for this week is to drink a juice for breakfast, a juice for lunch, and then a regular yummy dinner.  What I'm hoping for is ENERGY, but I won't complain if I lose weight, gain glowing skin, and sleep like a baby.  :)

Have you juiced?  What's your favorite recipe?

5 comments:

  1. i love juicing!! you can probably go back on my blog and read some stuff on it. I go in spurts. Jason Vale is my fav author on it. Check out his website and watch his videos for great recipes!! Haven't been juicing lately because of our shakeology, but it gives you great skin, less junk cravings and just that feel good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great healthy choices! Looks like everyone enjoyed their juice of choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so want a juicer! Good Luck girl you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat like your husband...after about a week of not eating carbs, I felt so much better! I really want to start juicing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...