Friday, January 18, 2013

oh my goodness. we have an attic? and how about common sense?

We have an attic, you guys!!  Of course we have an attic, I know.  But in all of my 6 months of living in this house, I never really considered that there was space underneath the roof.  Somehow, although I pass right underneath multiple times daily {as I LIVE here}, I never even noticed the attic door right over my head upstairs.  Am I an idiot?  Do I have a speck of common sense?  I like to think so, yes, but obviously something is amiss sometimes.  Anyway, a few days ago my husband was telling me about the attic and how he had a peek up there with the kids and it looked pretty big and would be great for storage.  And as I was listening to him, up in my head I was imagining a magical place, like the attic of my childhood home, where all of our old treasures were kept above the garage {the best-smelling garage in the world, mind you}.  When I was little, I was only allowed up there with my dad and I had to be extra careful walking along the planks and not bumping my head against the pokey nailed walls, while I rummaged around for my boxed toys and collections.  As I listened to Husband, I had a sudden urge to look inside our new attic {finally}.  It sounded amazing and wondrous!!  Wow!  We have an attic?  How did I not realize this in my own home?  
So today, while Jackson was home from school with a whopper of a cold, I made him be my exploration partner and sent him up the attic ladder first to make sure it was all good for viewing.



 After a quick one-second peek, I scrambled back down the ladder and closed that door up tight.  I think my thoughts about that place are best explained in the following text I sent to Husband:

"I just peeked into the attic and that place is not even magical like I had hoped.  Scariest place ever."

The moral of the story - Just don't.




8 comments:

  1. I was going to ask you about the attic when we were there, but I forgot. I noticed it and was curious about what was in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, why didn't you tell me? :)

      Delete
    2. We got caught up in a never ending game of Resistance.

      Delete
  2. Misty--

    I have recently been awarded the coveted "Liebsster Blog Award"...which among other things enables me to share the love with other bloggers. And I choose you!!

    Check out my post today for all the details, K?

    http://matchymatchymidlife.blogspot.com/2013/01/faces-in-crowd.html

    XO,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyssa! That made my whole day!! Even better then finding out about my attic. :)
      Have a super weekend!
      Misty

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to read what you have to say!!

      Delete
  3. Your attic has an extendable ladder?! So cool, ours is just a board you shove out of the way. When I see an attic door like yours, I am always reminded of the scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Chevy Chase gets hit in the face by his attic ladder! Be careful when you're exploring, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I wouldn't go up there either. I know my house has an attic, but I've never experienced any desire to look at it. The basement of our house is bad enough--I don't go there, either. I'll stay happily on the 1st and 2nd story, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...