Thursday, January 24, 2013

remembering a warmer time.

Summer:  When everything was green and lush and bright.  The humidity was a killer.  And the cicadas chirped their mighty chirp all day and all night.  The sun stayed awake until 9pm.  Evening walks, swimming at the pool, mowing grass and gardening flowers.  Beautiful.




Fall:  When the tree foliage changed from green to bright oranges, brilliant reds, and luscious yellows. The fiery heat from the day turned to perfection at night.  The cicadas slowed their tune.  The sun got sleepier a little earlier.  The grass grew a little slower and the flowers began to fade back into the soil.  Pumpkins and caramel apples.  Thunderstorms.  Cozy.









Winter:  
When the trees are bare and frost glistens on the grass and roadways.  Bitter cold.  Hats, gloves, and coats.  Visible breath.  That first snowfall.  Snowmen and sledding.  Hot chocolate.  The holidays with family.  Crackling fires and warm blankets.  Long, long, long January.  Even longer February.  





I absolutely cannot wait until Spring.  I'm hoping it will look something like this... When the grass grows green and the flowers bloom.  Outside once again!






7 comments:

  1. I must say, you have quite the charming house. :) Looking at pictures of it gives me a Father of the Bride kind of fill. I know it does not look like that house but I am weird like that.
    14and4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that movie! Thank you! We do love it here and thank the economy we were able to get in at a good time, I guess. :)

      Delete
  2. Your house and yard are amazing! And your front door..."styled" so perfectly! Can you come over and do that o my front porch?! =) I 'm looking forward to spring SOOO much!!
    Jenni
    www.foundinmycloset.blogspot.om

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am massively ready for spring too. Usually, I am a fan of winter but this year it is just bringing me down. I need sunshine and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo ready for Spring too!! It makes me feel so much better that other East Coasters are feeling the same way! I really enjoy your blog and apparently enjoyed it so much that I had this elaborate dream that I showed you around your new town when you moved...which is weird because I do not live in your town or state! I live in Massachusetts! I'm sure that sounded weird so let me back track and say I am pregnant. I cannot be held responsible for my wacky dreams :-) Anyways, LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a funny dream! Thanks for showing me around, even though you don't live here! I'm sure you were very helpful. :) LOL! I miss having pregnant dreams. They were the best.
      And I am so happy to have you peeking in on me!

      Misty

      Delete
  5. I want warm season back, too! I've had enough winter, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...