Thursday, January 31, 2013

sesame noodle + marinated sirloin.

Once again, she cooks!  This Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook has been so fun to follow and my family has never handed out so many compliments to the cook {me!!!}.  According to Jackson {who is the pickiest eater on the planet}, each dinner has gotten increasingly better each night.  He thought tonight's steak was the best thing ever.  This means serious business.

The steak I am referring to is from Ree Drummond's recipe for Simple Sesame Noodles with Sesame Beef.  What I loved is that the marinade mixture for the steak is the same exact mixture for the noodles, so I just doubled the recipe, pouring half over the beef and half into the cooked angel hair pasta noodles.  Another cool thing about this recipe is that it can be served hot {that's how we enjoyed it} or it can be served cold {as a salad} by tossing in some cilantro leaves {if you like cilantro leaves.  cuz I don't.  ick!}.







The marinade would probably have been even better had I allowed it to marinate all day long, but I gave it about two hours and it was still able to absorb plenty of flavor.  Some of us like our meat grilled to well-done {I like mine pink but majority rules}, so that's that.  I grilled the heck out of it and then tried my darndest to slice against the grain, but I'm still learning that culinary skill.  Against the grain???  Why is this so hard?

♥ Just in case you're new-ish here,  I've been working my way through The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook.  I'm no professional in the kitchen, but I'm trying to strengthen my foody skills a wee bit.  I love this cookbook so much and we have been enjoying quite a few new meals around here {thanks to my newest obsession}.

Here are some of the other recipes we've tried:

>> Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
>> Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta & Meatballs
>> Au Gratin Potatoes & Corn Casserole & Rosemary Rolls
>> Chicken Enchiladas & Mexican Rice
>> Glazed Doughnuts
>> Salsa
>> Ranch-Style Chicken & Roasted Cauliflower

3 comments:

  1. oh, that looks mouth-watering amazing. Noms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove those sesame noodles. I remember making them for my parents for the first time...they went bananas for them! They're really good with grilled chicken, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I need to get this PW cookbook! I have her other one, but you've sold me on this one too. I looked up and made the sesame noodles tonight, and they were amazeballs. That's right, they were good enough to make me use teen-slang. Word.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...